The purpose of this Mapping Construction Robot Project is creating a map for unknown area where autonomous robot is placed in, and using ultrasound sensor for describing the area. In order to do this ,ultrasound sensor for defining boundaries of area, motors with encoders for truely motion on area and aurdino for deciding operation and communication with computer were used in project.
The target of us with this Project is producing map without error by using own software and design. Altough we have used resources for learning and developping, we have written own software and we have made own design in the Project.
Another aim of this Project is low cost and high efficiency. Because the cost of Project is the one of the most important factors for manifacturing, selling and profit.
- This chapter introduces the design requirements and the functional overview of the autonomous mapping robot.
- Firstly 12V DC two Globe Motors are used for moving of robot on area. And robot must measure the road distance it goes. In order to do this motors should be with encoder.
- An ultrasound sensor is used on Robot to discover the area by taking signals from boundary and obstacles.
- And two L293 motor driver are used to drive motors , for choosing direction and for adjusting the speed with pwm signal.
- Then an Arduino MEGA is used on robot. Arduino has inputs and outputs, and it is programmable device. It is used for taking data from sensors and sending them to a computer. Then it translates these datas and decides to operate.
- Arduino software includes motor driving, measuring distance get by robot, taking data from sensor and communication with computer.
- Firstly arduino uno is used in project for tryings and learnings. And first trying is on moving of robot. Firstly robot locomotion is adjusted. It can go to forward, backward and it can turn around itself to rigth and left.
- Where for each motor, two pin are used to determine direction of motor and one pin for PWM signal to determine speed of motor.
- Forward: Each motor turns on forward direction
- Backward: Each motor turns on backward direction
- Right: Left motor turns on forward and right motor turns on backward direction
- Left: Right motor turns on forward and left motor turns on backward direction
- Computer software is produced on C# with Form Application.
- In this part, the datas such as x, y position of robot, angle of robot on area, boundary and obstacle distance from ultrasonic sensor, are taken from arduino mega with bluetooth module.
- These informations are commented by computer software and according to datas, computer gives the command to arduino to move or rotate.
- The drawing map is also made by computer. Boundary or obstacle distance for each angle of ultrasound sensor, is determined on area matrix.
- By rotating the servo motor, ultrasound sensor is also rotated and distance informations are taken again. These distance informations are connected and determined on area matrix.So the map have been produced on computer.